The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has released a new minor travel consent form which must be notarized if the traveler is under 18 years old and will be traveling without their parent or legal guardian. This document, DS-3053, can be downloaded from the USCIS website.

Title: Google Adds AI to its AdWords Editor

Description: Google Adds AI to its AdWords Editor

Introduction: Google has announced that it is adding artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to its AdWords Editor, allowing users to create more personalized ads by incorporating data such as interests, past purchase behavior, and current location.

What is a Minor Travel Consent Form (DS-3053)?

A Minor Travel Consent Form (DS-3053) is a document that proves that a minor has consented to travel and cannot represent themselves in legal proceedings. The form must be notarized, which means it will be signed by a notary public. The parents or guardians of the minor must sign the form, and the minor must provide identification such as their birth certificate or passport.

How to Notarize a DS-3053

To notary services near me  a DS-3053 minor travel consent form, you will need to have a valid identification card and be in the presence of the notary public. The notary public will ask you to identify yourself and certify that you are the parent or legal guardian of the person who is traveling. The notary public will then ask you to sign the form, which certifies that you have permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian to travel with him or her.


When Can You Notarize a DS-3053?

If you are not a U.S. citizen or resident, you cannot notarize a DS-3053 minor travel consent form.

The DS-3053 is a Minor Travel Consent Form. When Can You Notarize a DS-3053?

You can notarize the DS-3053 if the person submitting the form is at least 18 years of age and either:

  1. A) Is traveling with someone who is authorized to sign the form on their behalf; or
  2. B) Is traveling for religious or educational reasons and will not be staying longer than 90 days.


Who Can Notarize a DS-3053?

If you are not a notary public and you need to notarize a DS-3053 travel consent form, you can only do so if a designated official at the United States consulate or embassy in your country authorizes you to do so.

There are certain people who cannot notarize a DS-3053 travel consent form. These individuals are barred by law from performing notarial acts, including those who are not registered to do so in the state where they reside or practice. Some of the reasons someone might be barred from notarizing documents include: having been convicted of a felony; being an unlicensed notary public; being involuntarily committed to a mental institution; being an out-of-state visitor without proper documentation; or being an employee of the United States government without proper authorization.


If you are traveling to a foreign country and need to have some paperwork notarized, such as a minor travel consent form (DS-3053), this guide will walk you through the process. Notarizing minor travel forms can be important for ensuring that your legal documents are in order if something unexpected happens while you are away from home. Follow these tips to make sure everything goes smoothly and that your paperwork is properly signed and notarized.